Show Me The Paintings! Click on a title below to view what I've been doing...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Paintings From Indian Ford Show in Sisters Oregon

Indian Ford Meadow III  12x36 pastel  N Equall

There are a few places in Oregon that really strike a special note for me.  A couple weeks ago I was able to revisit one and found another to add to my list.

I had to drive a couple of paintings over to Sisters for a show(Paintings of Indian Ford) that opened on September 24 (thru Oct 9 at Sisters Art Works).   I could have shipped them, but it was a good excuse to get some more painting time and the weather was gorgeous.

I drove up to Three Mile Lake on Thursday evening, and was there for the sunset. I took photos and a little sketching, but I got there too late to set up my painting stuff.

Friday morning I drove a couple miles east of town and found some beautiful views of fields and the mountains.  Lots of material for future paintings.  I also checked out Camp Polk Meadow, which is just around the bend from Indian Ford Meadow, the site of the paintout in July.  It was beautiful there, and after wandering around taking pictures for a couple of hours I set up to paint at the north end of the preserve under the pines just outside the split rail fence.  I stayed all day, did two paintings, and met a really cool local quilter/photographer/pet portraitist, Mary D Smith.  She straightened me out on what the big flock of birds that swooped almost into my face and landed in the tree right behind and above me was(pinion jays).   I was thrilled when she came to the reception, and brought me a gorgeous digital painting that she had done of my lab Deuce.



Indian Ford Meadow II  11x14 pastel  N Equall
I really feel so blessed.  I can do what I love in beautiful places, and I keep meeting the most wonderful and interesting people along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments- thanks!