Show Me The Paintings! Click on a title below to view what I've been doing...

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Artworks NW 2012- Third Place!



My husband Paul, Deuce and I went down to Roseburg this weekend to attend the Artworks NW reception at the Umpqua Valley Art Association (UVAA).  My painting "Second  Chances" was selected to appear in the show.   The judge (Michael Cooper) picked 43 out of the 254 submissions to be in the show, then first, second and third places.  I was very thrilled to receive third place, which included a cash prize.  Here is a link to the UVAA website and photos of the artwork in the show...http://uvarts.com/galleries/hallie-brown-ford-gallery/

I'm so glad I got to be there for the reception.  The show was really good, and the judge's work was jaw dropping.  There were a LOT of people there for the reception. The building is gorgeous, the gallery is gorgeous, and I was again struck by what a gem that Roseburg has in the UVAA.  I was totally impressed last summer at their plein air event, and found this event to be equally impressive.  I'm very excited that UVAA will be putting on another plein air competition this September.

The reception was Friday evening, so we had all day Saturday to explore the area.  The weather was perfect, and we drove out east of town, following the Umpqua River up to the forest.  Such fun!  We took the scenic route home today, going through Glide and Lorane, then stopping in Coburg for a bbq with my sister and her family before driving back here to Portland.  I am so happy and tired!
Second Chances  16x16 pastel  N Equall

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments- thanks!